Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011

It is April 15th -- and your taxes are due. Ugh...

Yesterday, a new post did NOT go up on this blog. WHERE IS RITA?? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT MAD BLOGGER??

Hey -- Spring happened!! I am delighted to report that the beautiful breezy days have brought with them that invigorating energy. I opened the windows and have been busy doing those things we all do in the Spring. In the mood for little DIY -- Carrie and I painted the ceilings in my kitchen, dining room and living room. Now I'm thinking of restyling the chairs we sit on... I've been hanging the sheets out on the line to dry.

And, honestly -- I'VE BEEN ATTENDING some great classes. As you know, I live in a wonderful area for business classes and this year, there were WAY TOO MANY to choose from. Ironically, I was so busy taking blogging classes, I didn't have time to ACTUALLY BLOG...

When I started writing this blog, my mission was to see if I could do it every single day for a year. That was July 9, 2009. I keep learning new things -- and writing this blog is sheer joy for me. So I'm not going to stop...

But I am going to slow the pace. I was always afraid that if I missed a day -- you'd never come back. So I forced myself to write every day.

Hey -- if things go right -- I'll be adding a new "widget" on the left hand side, where you can sign up for "email" to follow this blog.

Because this spring is CRAZY BUSY...I've had classses every week, and now I'm ramping up for Spring Quilt Market in Salt Lake City. Mary & I will be doing our Ya Ya shows at the QSC shows this summer -- well, there's A LOT TO DO...

But I promise to keep you posted about all of it...and I will still be writing a couple of times a week. Cuz for me, it's my "potato chip" job. Instead of eating potato chips at night, when I'm watching crappy television -- I write blog posts...

So -- you see -- the problem is I haven't had time to watch so much crappy television...!

I'm going on a new 3 times a week schedule...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rita!
    Even at 3 times a week, you'll still be posting more often than any other blog I follow :-)
    Can understand being too busy. My best friend emailed me wanting to take me to lunch for my birthday (4/17). The first time I might possibly be home at lunchtime is maybe 4/29. And, I only work 20hrs a week at my "paying job." It's everything else in my life....
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are busier than me, Laura! I actually milked my recent birthday to the max...it was more like a "birth-week"...lunch and dinners every day.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete