Saturday, April 16, 2011

IT'S SATURDAY...

You already know that when Bert & I do our "kicking around" on Saturday -- we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to a good old-fashioned auction. Recently, we were in Muscatine, Iowa -- and we managed to fill the Subaru with lots of unique treasures...

I'm always a sucker for any kind of unique aprons...it is almost impossible for me to resist anything with Rick-Rack on it...

This fabulous yo-yo quilt caught my eye -- but I decided to just take a picture, which helped me to resist buying it.


All-thing-sewing catch my eye, but over the years, some collections have come and gone. Pink flamingos used to tickle me -- but, eventually, I became immune to their charm. Some collections are just like men. You simply get over them...

Saturdays are so special to me. It's my one-day-a-week "all about me" day. Bert & I always start with a nice breakfast -- where we "download" our respective work weeks. Then, we move on. Maybe a little day trip to another town -- Clinton, Iowa City, Muscatine, Rock Island...with an auction or an antique mall...

Neither one of us even answers our cell phones. The great thing is that -- at this point, our families know better than to even try to call us!!

It's taken us MANY YEARS to train all the people in our lives to GIVE US THIS DAY...and allow us to make our Saturdays into the joy-filled, interesting, vagabond, get-a-way, quiet, fun-filled, relaxing, refreshing time that it is.

I'm just saying. Maybe you need a day like that, too. It's your time. Everybody wants a piece of you. Sure, there's work to be done. Things you should be doing...but maybe, once a week, it could be not so much about things you SHOULD be doing, but things you WANT to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment