Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bay Leaf Cafe

I gained at least 10 pounds during May, with all my traveling around. You know I don't want my life to be all-about-the-food. But I just can't stop thinking about what a DELICIOUS TIME WE HAD IN SALT LAKE CITY..!!

Really. Hanging out with the Euronotions team -- remember our discovery of the Bay Leaf Cafe??

WE WERE BLOWN AWAY by their creative menu, use of fresh ingredients, quirky decor...

We just couldn't resist...this was our second Bay Leaf breakfast...the fried potatoes were outstanding (I am a connoisseur) and the fresh fruit plate was delightful...

Can you remember the last time you were surprised by the quality and quantity of a bowl of oatmeal?

So -- on our last night in Salt Lake City -- Rhonda had one more special meal planned. She had invited the sewing-star-guests...and Soni said "they'll love the Bay Leaf"...

Who was it??

That's right -- Sue Hausmann and her husband, Herb...

We had such a great time. We ordered the lumpia for appetizers -- with a side order of hush puppies. WHAT FUN..!! I could not resist ordering the "Welfare Osso Bucco" -- and there are no words for how delicious it was.

At some point, Sue and I came up with a GREAT IDEA...(I hope somebody wrote it down)...

Even tough the Bay Leaf was under construction...and there was actual DRILLING and HAMMERING going on...lol...it was a really great night.

Good people, delicious food, interesting conversation...

HEY -- the 2011 Spring Quilt Market was a huge success!! THANKS again, Rhonda, for being such a gracious hostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment