Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Elliott

30 years ago TODAY, our son Elliott was born. It does not seem possible. He is a complete adult now. With a wife and child. Here he is with his beautiful wife Emily...

The Army is his job and rifles are his specialty...in a big way. He shoots 'em...

He builds 'em...

He wins LOTS of awards...

I am very proud of you, son. You work hard, you make good choices, and you and your girls bring light to my life...

So, on this day, your 30th birthday -- it will be my pleasure to make your special birthday meal. July 8th has long been "THE" day here at the Farro house. Your birthday is always the day John picks the first basil of the season. And then I make your favorite food -- pesto!! When you were little, you were the pickiest eater of all time. I used to say "the only thing Elliott will eat is toothpaste and Kool-aid". But from a very young age -- you always LOVED PESTO. Which was shocking to me. You called it "Green spaghetti"...

For dessert -- of course -- a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.

And, yes, bud -- there will also be a birthday check.

No comments:

Post a Comment