Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Medical Miracle

When I got back from Reno -- I went to the nursing home to see how Valerie was doing. I'm sitting at the foot of her bed when a nurse walked into the room. Seeing me, she smiled and said, "Are you the Mom?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Valerie is 58 years old...

I said, "No...I am her suicidal friend. I'm going to shoot myself -- and it will be all your fault. I AM ONLY FOUR YEARS OLDER THAN SHE IS..."

Val made a joke about it...and I tried NOT to let it bother me...but -- really??

Fast Forward...

A week later, Lillian was at our house. She spent an evening with my nephew Toby and his pregnant wife, Brenda. The next day, Lilly was sitting on my lap, and she patted my stomach and said, "Baby, Grandma? Baby?"

UGH...

So now, when something stressful happens, I say, "BE CAREFUL PEOPLE...I am a pregnant woman who also happens to be the mother of a 58-year old...and I can't take much more..."

Here's my favorite mother-daughter picture:

Let me tell you -- this thing is NOT OVER...ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment