Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Valerie's Going Home Dress

After a coupla weeks in the nursing home -- Val is rehabilitated and READY TO GO HOME.

As you know, words on t-shirts often make me laugh. And I've had A BALL making these dresses for Val -- always starting with a t-shirt.

Since she'll still be going places in a wheelchair for awhile -- these words seemed perfect:

OF COURSE, I had the exact right yellow t-shirt. I used other t-shirts to make the striped skirt....AND it needed pockets...

This is the back of the dress...

And this is the front of the dress. Where all the attitude lives...

The truth is -- I ACTUALLY DO wear "housedresses". Because I work from home -- I can stay in comfortable clothes -- but I dislike pajamas or housecoats -- and I wouldn't be caught dead in a "jogging suit".

But it's really hard to find washable knit dresses. I can't believe I didn't think about doing this sooner. I'm going to make HOUSEDRESSES for the 21st Century!! I'm going to make my own wardrobe of knit dresses from t-shirts...but I can't call them "housedresses". Hummm...any ideas??

Maybe "t-shirt dresses with words to live by"....No. That's too long...

My next dress will start with a t-shirt that says:

"It is what it is"

...there are many days when THAT will be exactly right...

I AM INSPIRED!! Thanks, Val...

now I'm gonna make you a special dress for your upcoming class reunion...

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Rita.....I've been wearing house-dresses for years.....no jammies or robes for me, either....I have a couple of "t-shirt dresses" but most I make our of cotton in the style of your dress but sleeveless....I call them my sundresses........:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could call them "shifts", you know, a morning shift, a day shift, an evening shift, the midnight shift. Don't use graveyard shift LOL. Shape shift, feel-the-earth shift....someone please stop me!!

    ReplyDelete