Saturday, September 24, 2011

American Pickers

After a very scarry week in the hospital, I finally got to take Garrett on his summer Aunt Rita Adventure. Sometimes it's more fun for them if I take two kids -- and on this day -- I have Garrett and Landon. We're headed off to an "artistic" adventure but they don't know that....

It was a hot summer day, so we started at Big Dave & Holly's in LeClaire, Iowa --

To my surprise, Garrett knew the owners -- and they had a little visit while we waited for our delicious shakes...

THAT'S WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED....our American Pickers moment....Also friends of Big Dave and Holly -- Frank and Mike often eat here...So, who did we see? Was it Frank? Mike?

NO -- IT WAS THEIR FILM CREW!! Here's my poor cellphone picture of Garrett and Landon with the American Pickers production team....If you look carefully, you can see there are 5 crew members....but I'm pretty sure the guy in the orange t-shirt is in the witness protection program.



No -- wait -- I think it's just the owner, ducking out of the shot...

Both Landon and Garrett are fans of the show -- and meeting the "crew" was a real thrill for them.

But this was JUST THE BEGINNING of our adventure on that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment