Friday, September 30, 2011

Amy-Nicole Luncheon

On one of the last beautiful days of the summer -- I invited my sister Ronda and her "girls" over for lunch. Amy, Nicole, Ronda -- and, of course -- Memphis...
We ate popovers -- and Grandma Little's chicken salad. What they DIDN'T REALIZE...was that after lunch, there would be a "bonus round"...

In my persistent "go through every box, get RID OF SOMETHING" -- Amy and Nicole got to take "turns" picking out their take-home-treasures...

There were some embroidered words of wisdom that used to hang on my wall...and a few books, some kitchen equipment...a few things from our mother or Aunt Rozella...

A book about games for kids' parties...and a vintage Yahtzee game...Nicole is taking a new interest in doing laundry -- and I had some Oxyclean gel for her to try. Amy has been looking for the original Grissom Grizzley -- and I FOUND ONE in my basement...

It was a stunning day. They are two incredible young mothers -- and I am so grateful to be a part of their families.

I would be lost without those kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment