Friday, September 9, 2011

Hanging Clothes Outside

During my recent "walk" over to my sister Ronda's house -- I took this picture of the clothes hanging on her line. Mom would be very pleased with you, Ronda....

Ronda is, in many ways, a 1960's woman. She bakes the best apple pies, puts up her own pickles, butchers pigs and deer, cans an incredible number of green beans, tomatoes and assorted vegetables...

And -- Ronda HANGS OUT ALL HER CLOTHES. As a matter of fact -- she doesn't even OWN a clothes dryer...


Our Mom judged other women by the quality of of their clothes-hanging-techniques and habits. If they didn't get their sheets on the line early Monday morning, they were considered low class. And if they didn't line up their clothes in the proper order (jeans with jeans, socks with socks) -- Mom knew they were lazy.

As you know -- I ONLY HANG SHEETS OUT ON MY LINE. For most other things -- I am a big fan of the modern clothes dryer.

Here's a recent shot of my own clothesline -- with just a few of my "clothespin bags". Apparently, it's something I have been collecting for many years...because during my recent digging-out-and-throwing-away-something-every-week-activity -- I discovered I actually own 14 of these suckers...!!!

Here's another shot of the best eight bags -- doing what God meant for them to do -- hanging on the clothesline.

I WISH YOU LIVED NEAR ME....because I would happily give you a clothespin bag. Carrie told me that I can only keep two of them...the rest of them are headed to the Goodwill.

Which two should I keep?

2 comments:

  1. I do love to hang the clothes outside i do agree 100% whit your mother the way you hang you clothing has to be in proper order I love your clothespin bags i can use one Thank you for you blog i read them every day .Maria from Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new clothespin bag too...I have patched and patched the one I have. I originally made it from the scraps of my laundry room curtins....hence the patching....:) Keep the ones on each end! I am a serious 'hanger' too! Linda from Othello

    ReplyDelete