Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Basement Archeological Dig

This summer, I've spent half a day a week (Monday's, when Carrie comes) going through boxes of treasure in my basement. Most of the stuff I find has been buried for MANY YEARS. In some cases, I didn't even know I had it.

Take this stash of six delicate necklaces, for example. I found them folded into a very old envelope, wedged in a box of vintage women's magazines....most likely bought at an auction for maybe $2.50...
My favorite necklace was this one with the hands holding a marble...there was also a diamond (I'm sure)...and a little gold cross...a ship's anchor...well, you get the idea...

I took my gaggle of necklaces to breakfast club "show & tell" -- and because Aunt Ada looks so good in diamonds, I gave her that priceless treasure...(lol)...

Of course, I'll give the small gold cross to Lillian. Maybe in a fancy velvet box, eh? (it sure LOOKS expensive...)

But my favorite find this summer was this pair of SPECTACULAR LEATHER BOOTS. Oh My God. I completely forgot I owned these fabulous boots...




I purchased them in 1996. I sooo loved these boots -- I made an outfit to go with them to photograph for my book, "Life Is Not A Dress Size".

And, judging from the pristine condition of the bottom of the boots -- they've been hiding in my basement under a protective mountain of fabric ever since the day of the photo shoot.

But I am delighted to report that THEY FIT CARRIE. And she promises me they'll get some good use. Finally. As a matter of fact, they are her new fashionable new "spider boots"...

Once again -- my Carrie is the hippest cleaning lady in town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment