Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A New Naming Trend

I was reading an article online about women taking on their husband's last name after marriage. (written after the Kim Kardashian wedding). Then -- it got to this part:

Some women and their fiancés sidestep the decision -- and potential judgment -- by taking a different path altogether.

Eric Jankstrom, 28, formerly Eric Jankowsky, works in television in New York and is among the small number of men giving up part of their names. He and his wife Laura Lindstrom got married last August and are calling themselves the Jankstroms.

"My wife is a very progressive woman," Jankstrom said. "She was like, 'I don't like your last name. I’m never going to be an 'owksy.'"

Emily Zeugner, 32, who works in media in New York, and her husband, Amos Kenigsberg, made a similar decision -- they changed their last name to Zeeberg.

*************

Really? Is this going to catch on? Hummm. My maiden name was Little. I married a Farro.
So what were the possibilities?

Lirro?

That wouldn't work...

Oh...I see it now. The first three letters of John's last name...then the last four letters of my maiden name.

Do you see it?

Gee...I crack myself up....



Farttle.

This proves what we've all known for a long time. Every new idea is not necessarily a winner...

No comments:

Post a Comment