Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome Home Andy

After his army enlistment -- and two tours in Iraq -- Andy -- my niece Kelcy's husband -- is FINALLY coming home for good. OUT OF THE ARMY!! Yippee Kayee...

Kelcy wanted to do something special. Since the whole family is going to be home for Labor Day -- of course there will be a picnic. And -- hey -- since the little neighboring town of McCausland is famous for their Labor Day parade...maybe there could also be a float??

Deb is up from Nashville -- and, as luck would have it -- she's driving her hot new red sportscar.

PERFECT...!!

Emily is great with letters -- so she is in charge of PAINTING the words "Welcome Home Andy Hanson".

Excellent...

Andy's Homecoming, Deb's sportscar, Emily's banner, and a cast of dozens...


No kidding. The banner looked amazing. We used blue painter's tape for the border...and you've gotta admit, Deborah's car was PERFECT...

Deb -- with Stacy -- walking around town before the parade...we are all excited, and Andy has NOOOOO idea....

The Schroder crew -- milling about BEFORE the parade. Saving our good spot. In the beginning of the route (before the floats all run out of candy)...

And here's my little video. Remember -- I'm still learning. But you'll get the idea...




This is my best picture of Kelcy and Andy -- taken right after the parade...(yes, I did want to stop the parade to take my pictures, but even I have my limits...)

Deb's husband, Rod, was helping to "recreate" the parade moment for my after-the-show pictures...



GREAT JOB EVERYBODY...and Welcome Home, Andy. We think you're going to love it here...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Aunt Rita!! You're the best :) I've now watched the video several times... lol!!

    ReplyDelete