Monday, November 7, 2011

Amy's Witch Costume

My 10-year old grandnephew, Cale, called on Wednesday to ask if I could make a "jester hat" for him.

Nooooo problem...

His Mom, Amy, came to pick it up on Friday. It looks great on her...

She mentioned that she was going to a "witches party" that night. Her girlfriend has a big party every year -- only women are invited -- and everybody MUST dress up as a witch. There is a lot of pressure to REALLY DRESS UP LIKE A WITCH...and so far, all Amy had was a hat and a pair of children's striped leggings...

Here's a picture of her in the ABSOLUTELY SMASHING black tube dress I whipped up for her. I am not kidding -- it only took ten minutes to sew -- and she looked like the most elegant witch you can imagine.

I made it long -- with one slit so she could walk in it...she already had a black velvet shrug (from her husband's grandmother -- it is stunning)...

These pictures don't do it justice. I am hoping better photos will follow...But it sure does look like a fun party, eh? I LOVE THE IDEA OF A WITCHES PARTY...

And, oh, just in case you think we forgot about the CHILDREN...here's a picture of Cale in his jester hat. I'm pretty sure the girl next to him is a boy in costume. Otherwise -- what would be the point??
Oh, yes...Halloween...

I am still hoping for a few more costumes to check in so I can post pictures...but the important thing is that EVERYBODY HAD A GOOD TIME...and I didn't eat too many Snickers...

John had ONLY ONE JOB last week -- keep the candy HIDDEN from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment