Wednesday, November 23, 2011

FUDGE RECIPE

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. If you are invited to GO OUT -- just do it!! And if you want to take something WONDERFUL TO EAT -- make this fudge. I never met anybody who didn't love it...

Years ago -- I got a microwave fudge recipe from Nancy Zieman -- which used a whole stick of butter. Then I saw Rachael Ray on the Oprah show -- she used the same recipe on the can of sweetened condensed milk -- which didn't use any butter at all. So here's what I've come to...



3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (try different flavors -- like peanut butter chips)
1 14-oz can condensed milk
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Preparation:
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt. Stir until the candy is smooth and well-mixed.Add nuts at this point (I ADD LOTS OF WALNUTS)
4. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
5. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

I AM SO DELIGHTED to be thinking about microwave fudge. WHAT A GREAT BLOG POST, EH?

Thanks, Jackie, for reminding me of some very good times! In 2006 -- we were fudge-making-fools...and yes, the combo of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips was my favorite!!

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING, Jackie. I'm delighted the Iowa contingent is coming to see you in Oklahoma...I've loaned Linda my Garmin...and they should be there any minute!!

1 comment:

  1. The guys at work loved this fudge! Thanks for remembering. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Jackie

    ReplyDelete