Saturday, November 5, 2011

Garrett's violin

This is such a great story for me to be telling you...

Remember a few months ago, when I took two of my grand-nephews, Garrett and Landon -- to a DIY Art place? For part of their "Aunt Rita Adventure" -- they were allowed to spend $2 at a garage sale. Garrett bought a violin with one string...here's a picture of him, that day, driving home...he was plucking away...making a little music, even...

As it happens, I dropped him off that afternoon at his Grandpa's house. His grandfather is very musical -- and has always played the guitar. The minute Garrett walked in the house, his Grandfather asked, "do you want me to fix your violin?"

Fast forward....

Two months later -- this is a picture of Garrett with his RENOVATED violin. Rescued, with new strings, and a bow -- Garrett and his Grandpa booth look very pleased...

AND his Grandpa has bought himself a violin -- so he can learn how to play this winter in Florida.

When he returns in the spring -- he's going to give Garrett lessons...

And I could not be more delighted with the value Garret got that day...from his $2 garage sale purchase.

Good job, buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment