Friday, November 4, 2011

St. Charles Visit

During our visit to St. Louis -- I had some time to explore on my own. I always love that. And on this day -- I discovered scenic St. Charles, Missouri...

It had the sweetest little downtown I have ever seen -- with lots of quaint shops, brick paved streets, well kept public parks...

Interesting restaurants with lots of outdoor eating areas...

As I'm walking along -- this sign stopped me in my tracks. I cannot remember the last time I was in a town/village/city that actually maintained PUBLIC REST ROOMS...

I followed the signs -- to this pathway under a gazebo...

SURE ENOUGH -- a spotlessly clean PUBLIC REST ROOM...


There were also dozens of charming little shops -- with interesting merchandise...


I bought Mary Mulari's birthday present in St. Charles. There were several antique malls, and I found some books for Lilly, a few vintage aprons. My usual assortment of treasure. Although I can't remember everything I bought -- I do know that when we got home, I had to make two trips to empty the trunk of my car.

Thanks for the cheerful public Rest Rooms, St. Charles, Missouri!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment