Friday, November 18, 2011

Typical Junkin' Day

As you can imagine -- Bert and I have a regular "route" when it comes to our Saturday junkets...

If there's an auction in DeWitt, that's always our first pick. Otherwise, we might choose a small town and do a little day-trippin'. One of our favorite towns is Clinton, Iowa. There are several resale shops, a couple of antique malls -- well, it's OUR KIND OF TOWN...

This Victorian mansion on 2nd Street used to be a B&B, then it was a Day Spa -- now it has become an antique mall...

As soon as you walk in the front door -- there is an impressive staircase...and antiques in every room...

Upstairs, there was this sweet little wool coat. Such fine fabric -- the little pearl buttons were so special. Yes, at $14, I was tempted...but it did feel itchy...Lilly would cry for a week...I can barely get her into a velour shirt...wool is out of the question...


However -- THIS IS SOMETHING to consider! I loved the jacket -- and after looking around for a few minutes, Bert found the perfect hat...the braiding detail is really incredible. I sometimes wonder how they made these fabulous garments 50 years ago, before the invention of modern day computer sewing machines...it was AWESOME...


But, looking at the whole ensemble, I can see that Bert was wrong to encourage me...

1 comment:

  1. I actually think the jackets kind of neat....the hat, on the other hand......
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete