Thursday, January 5, 2012

Iowa Caucus & Reality TV

On this blog, I almost NEVER talk about politics. Or my weight. Or religion...

HOWEVER -- I do live in Iowa. And I got a lot of emails about the Iowa Caucuses. It is always amazing to me that my quiet, boring little State is given all this power. Honestly...once every four years -- we pull the wool over everybody's eyes and act like we're "all that".

The politicians roll in here for a year beforehand -- spending MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars. They buy hotel rooms, rent buses and cars and meeting spaces...money is spent on restaurant meals, offices, signs, newspaper ads, direct mail pieces, television commercials...

Hey -- come to think of it -- maybe we're not as dumb as we look...??

You really should be thanking us for sparing you the likes of Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann..

And you're scratching your head, asking yourself, "Who's Rick Santorum?" That's what Mitt Romney wants to know...because he spent about $12 million in Iowa, whereas Mr. Santorum spent maybe 80 bucks. That means the 8 vote victory cost Mr. Romney -- how much??

hummm...

Now that the caucus fun is over -- whatever shall we do with ourselves??

Hey -- I know -- REALITY TELEVISION!!

THERE'S A NEW SHOW STARTING TONIGHT!!!

Do you ever wonder what happens to the designers who DO NOT WIN Project Runway??
Even when they WERE THE BEST DESIGNERS -- WHO CAN FORGET MONDO'S collection?



WELL -- GUESS WHAT??

THERE IS A NEW GUILTY PLEASURE -- Project Runway All Stars!!

IT STARTS TONIGHT -- ON LIFETIME!!

Some of my favorite designers are BAAAACK!! Mondo, Kenly, Kara, Sweet P. -- and the MOST FABULOUS PROJECT RUNWAY DESIGNER OF ALL TIME -- AUSTIN SCARLETT!!

I'll be watching...even without Heidi. Cuz I'm thinking maybe I was losing patience with Michael Kors and Nina Garcia...so this could be a totally wonderful development.

I AM SO EXCITED. This show is coming at just the right time...it's like a breath of fresh air during a cold winter of overblown politicians and boring re-runs...

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. And, I had to work tonight!!! Now I have to watch the first episode on the internet!
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete