Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Watching Amy's Boys

Amy & Bill were going to be in Las Vegas for a week. And their three boys are in school -- so it would be good if they could find somebody to "stay at the house" and watch the boys...

In this Thanksgiving picture, you see Amy with her youngest, Cash -- and Garrett -- with his newly renovated black violin..
I volunteered to take a few days -- as these three boys happen to be some of my very favorite people. I set a jigsaw puzzle up on the kitchen table...which we worked on in the evenings and in the mornings, before school....Garrett is a MAD puzzler...


HOWEVER....Amy forgot to tell me that this was wacky-week at school. Every day, they were supposed to "dress up" in some goofy way...

Okay...I wasn't in charge on PAJAMA DAY...somebody else got that easy gig...

On my first day on the job, the boys cheerfully got out of bed and made themselves breakfast...then they told me it was "dress like your favorite character in a book" day.

WHAT??

Cale already had something figured out, and I found a Ninja outfit for young Cash...but Garrett was at a loss....

Feeling bad, I offered, "you could just dress normally and then make up a book character..." He gave me a quizzical look, and I said, "hon -- no teacher has read every single book..." But he didn't go for it. As he walked out the door, he said, "not everybody participates, Aunt Rita..."

However -- THE NEXT DAY -- I am way more prepared. This is the day they are supposed to "wear the outfit that depicts the JOB you want to have when you grow up". Okay. This time, we had time to plan. Garrett loves animals...so he decided on being a zookeeper. He had a few stuffed animals -- and my contribution was a wonderful Fedora. WHICH Garrett made a headband for...that said, "zookeeper"....

He looked smashing in the hat, don't you think?

AND we managed to get the whole 500-piece puzzle put together before their parents came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment