Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gayle King's New Job

If you live on Planet Earth -- you know that Gayle King is Oprah's best friend.

Oprah is ALWAYS GIVES GAYLE a job. Really...she used to do interviews for Oprah's show. Then she had her own failed talk show (produced by HARPO). Oprah made her the editor of "O" magazine. And also produced a radio talk show. Then, when Oprah started up her own television network -- Gayle, of course, got another talk show on the OWN network.

That's all fine with me. Gayle is a wonderful friend -- Oprah trusts her -- she's funny and articulate and Oprah enjoys having her around. And people should take care of their friends.



"Oprah giving a job to Gayle" seemed like a nice situation for everybody...and who are we kidding? It's been going on for most of Gayle's adult life...

So it was puzzling when Gayle quit her OWN show -- to accept the CBS offer to be one of the anchors for their REWORKED CBS morning show.

Really, Gayle??

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???

OH MY GOD...CBS?? This can't be good...

I fear for you, babe...

Of course -- I am a devoted "TODAY" show fan. I like the pace of the show...Matt and Al...I'm missing Meredith...but then again, I got over the Katie Couric thing....

I wanted to watch Gayle. So did my friend Valerie. We were curious. The CBS morning show does terrible in the ratings....now they have Gayle King, Charlie Rose and a third nameless brunette...

After a couple of days of making it our "B" show -- Val said it best...

"When I switch from the TODAY show over to the CBS show -- it's like going from color to black and white..."

Val is soooo right...(a girl can never hear that too much!)

But -- here's the big question. When the CBS morning show is canceled -- is Oprah going to give Gayle yet another job??

I'm just sayin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment