Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Signs of a Stroke

I'm so happy to get back into the swing of my daily blogging....and I have so much I want to tell you about.

Sew Expo -- my big SISTERS TRIP, Lillian's birthday, how my sewing projects turned out...(or not...) But I'm having a big problem with my PICTURES...

Today -- I want to share this. Please take a minute to read to the end.

It's from a woman I love...my sister Deborah....and I hope you will forward it to the women YOU love...

She ALMOST NEVER sends email (she's too busy embroidering). Here we are, attending a rare Iowa concert....


It's excellent information....told in a way I hope you will remember...

**********

During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall. She assured everyone that she was fine ...she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

While she appeared shaken, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Six hours later -- Jane's husband took her to the hospital. She died that night -- because of the undiagnosed stroke she suffered at the BBQ.

If somebody at that BBQ had known how to identify the signs of a stroke, Jane might be alive today.

The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage if bystanders cannot recognize the symptoms of a stroke. However -- if a neurologist can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke... But somebody must recognize the symptoms of a stroke --

YOU COULD BE THE ONE TO DO THAT...

Remember the first three letters in the word STROKE... STR -- then ask these three simple questions:

S Ask the individual to SMILE.

T Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)

R Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call 911.

NOTE: Another NEW 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to ' stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

If you give this information to 10 people -- at least one life will be saved.

Thanks, Deborah...

No comments:

Post a Comment