Monday, April 16, 2012

Technology & House Hunting

I LOVE TECHNOLOGY. Really.

If you're reading this blog -- you do, too. Whether we're willing to admit it or not -- technology has changed every single hour of our day.

Elliott is officially OUT OF THE ARMY...and he and Emily are planning to move back to Iowa -- so they're looking for a house.

Because they're still renting in Wisconsin -- Emily does most of the house searching via the internet.

Then -- she'll send me an address -- I Garmin it in -- and go there to take some pictures. With my smart phone -- I can send them directly to the E team...

My parents could never have imagined any of this. The truth is -- I'm still quite amazed by the fact that I am able to make this all work....

I took lots of pictures of this beautiful house in the woods....




thru the trees --
where the property gets to the creek...there's an old bridge

the construction is of REAL logs...As it turned out, they couldn't afford this home.
Of course, not every house is a contender...here's another house -- this is what a foreclosure looks like...

There was a lot of brown paneling -- and a crew had to come in to remove all the personal property that was left behind...

the kitchen was a complete gut job. Even though we are hard workers...and we consider ourselves petty handy when it comes to fixing things...the truth is, you need to know your limits...

So, after receiving these pictures (and many more -- along with a video) -- the E Team decided this house wasn't worth the 4 hour car ride....


But wait until you see the sweet little property Emily found in Preston, Iowa. It has a small vineyard!!


No comments:

Post a Comment