Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012 Sewing Weekend

YOU HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT!!  I apologize for all the blog post re-runs...and thanks again for your kind emails, assuring me that you NEVER remember READING any of them before.

I still don't know if that makes me feel better or worse...

HEY -- WERE YOU in Beaver Dam for the 2012 Sewing Weekend?? I LOVE IT THERE. This year we had stunning weather and I thought attendance was way up. It was hard to get through the racks at the warehouse...some of my favorite people were teaching there.  Sue Hausmann, Alex Anderson, of course -- NANCY ZIEMAN...

Wanna meet one of my favorite Beaver Dam residents? Say hello to Deanna Springer! Here she is -- orchestrating and organizing in Nancy Zieman's office.  Mary Mulari was hiding out there because she was supposed to be the "surprise guest" at Nancy's evening event.  So, Deanna prepared special office spaces for us...

Can you see my desk? The little sign says, "Rita Farro's Beaver Dam Office"...and the screen saver on my PC is a slide show of area thrift shops...
Holy Cow!!  I'M SUPPOSED TO WORK, DEANNA???  What's up with that??

Although we "shared" an office -- Mary's Mac computer said "Mary Mulari's Beaver Dam Office" -- and she actually had a CROWN waiting for her...
Sadly (or happily, depending on your outlook) -- neither one of us did much actual work in the office.  Well, actually, I should only speak for myself.  In the interest of full disclosure -- I DID NO WORK WHATSOEVER...I took some pictures (as you can see) -- and I visited with lots of people I know and love.  I attended a few classes and sat in on many interesting stage shows. 

AND -- OF COURSE -- I SHOPPED!!  I love picking through the bargain bins of cut pieces and found some wonderful sherpa for Lilly's room, along with some beautiful zebra print fabric, and some scissors for my left-handed sister... 

OH YEAH -- a wonderful time was had by all.  I'd like to shout out to my new virgin-sewing-sister Kat!!  HOW WAS IT?  SHE attended Sewing Weekend for the first time with her mother and I am anxious for her report.

Also -- to the woman who noticed my car in the parking lot of the Beaver Dam Goodwill store (with the Iowa plates and zebra seat covers) -- WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY HELLO??  I am always excited to meet a kindred spirit...!!  What treasure did you find, babe??

No comments:

Post a Comment