Thursday, May 3, 2012

Olympia ART

I love to change up the stuff in my house. Duh. So it is always thrilling for me to find a new piece of art (and, yes, I'm using the term very loosely)... that will fit in with the other things I already love...
This fabulous piece of recycled art came from an art store in Olympia, Washington...a piece of wood for the body, and an old child's projectdor for the face...AMAZING, isn't  it??

This piece came from Bucktown -- a local artist colony.  The woman's face started with a recycled tray. 
How cool is that?

This is an ORIGINAL work of art that I've had for many years.  Artist unknown.  Maybe that's best...

And you know how I love a "message"...
My wall of faces makes me very happy. And isn't that what "decor" is supposed to do for you? Each one is so unique -- and every one has a story. Where I was when I bought it, who I was with...I look at each one of them and I am instantly snapped back to a certain moment in time...

1 comment: