Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shower Curtain REDO

Boy -- time flies! When I started writing this blog, one of the first DIY projects I blogged about was the tile repair job in our bathroom. Water had seeped in behind the tile, and John had to repair the wall, put in new cement backerboard, etc. My cousin Linda and I bought boxes of leftover tiles from the local "Restore" place.


The new tile wall came out GREAT -- and I modified a shower curtain from Target to look a little "custom".
Mostly, I just added two tan strips of fabric -- to match the odd tile we had to use...
Well - it turned out great!

However -- recently -- the bottom of the shower curtain was left inside the tub and the trapped moisture caused the dreaded MILDEW. Even with my magical laundry powers -- there was an unsightly stain...

Hey -- I STILL LOVE IT. So, I decided it was worth a repair job. I simply cut out the mildewed white fabric (right above the blue t-shirt fabric)...and created a NEW STRIP of fabric...

Which I created by cutting up the unstained parts, and adding some plain blue to pick up on the random blue tile theme...

Then, I cut the blue t-shirt fabric to create the fringe...



I added a little zebra stripe at each corner. JUST BECAUSE I COULD...

y'know what?? It took me longer to BLOG about it than it took me to actually DO IT....

Yep. I can sew....and I recently bought a new bathroom rug.  SO I had to make some changes to the shower curtain so it would match the rug...pictures to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment