Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Recycled Bath Towels

For TODAY'S frugal sewing lesson -- I'm going to recycle some faded, worn terry bath towels.
CHILDREN'S SWIM COVER-UPS!! Of course!! Did you see that woman on the Shark Tank show? She took one of these to the fat cat investors -- and got a licensing deal at Disney World. Yikes. I was having one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments.
This stunning little boy cover-up came to life with a few John Deere fabric pieces...
This was actually a hand towel -- but I addfed a neck opening and a couple of side facings.  PERFECT for that size 18 month old you may be taking to the wading pool this summer...it just pulls over their head.  More like a PONCHO...
But my favorite is the ruana type of cover up. For this little one -- I sewed one LARGE applique -- but split in two pieces.  Cute, eh?
In this picture -- you can see the ruana nature of the cover up.  Remember when Landon designed his own cover up?  He picked out the zebra trimmings all by himself.  (I swear, Nicole -- I didn't have anything to do with it...)
OF COURSE these kid cover ups are a good excuse to add some t-shirt fringe any which way...

You know how much I like to put words on anything...but to get a little boy to actually wear this cover-up, it's probably a good idea to make sure he can't read...yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment