Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Television

Speaking of my clubbers -- we don't always agree on everything...This week, Linda P. said, "there's not much on television right now"...

And, of course, I blurted, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? DANCE MOMS IS BACK!!

Really. Nobody watches more television than I do.  Right now, the regular networks have America's Got Talent AND So You Think You Can Dance AND Duets with Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Nettles...

If that isn't enough excitement for you -- check out the cable channels.  Lifetime has new seasons for DANCE MOMS, and ARMY WIVES.  

TLC has a new DIY competition show with Tory Spelling and the History Channel has my American Pickers AND Ice Road Truckers.  (Although I am missing Lisa..).

Not to mention my "go-to" channel -- HGTV.  Their Monday "Love it or List it" is a new fav -- and I continue to love, love, love their Wednesday night line-up.  You cannot watch an episode of "Rental Income" without falling in love with Scott McGillivray.  OH MY GOD.  He is just too handsome -- and he can remodel a crappy basement into a stunning rental property in less than 50 minutes.  Genius.

AND THE NEW DESIGN STAR is on Tuesday nights??  Really people???  THERE'S NOTHING ON TELEVISION??

Of course, I can't forgot BRAVO.  Where the Real Housewives of Orange County are ending their cat-fight season and my beloved NEW YORK CITY babes are coming on strong.  (I love every scene that happens in New York...)  But, of course, the best Housewives franchise is the NEW JERSEY crew.  If you are a fan, I don't need to say any more...and if you are rolling your eyes, I already said too much...

NOTHING GOOD ON TELEVISION??  Puhleeeze....I haven't even started with Mose on "Amish -- Out of Order"....or my new feminist heroine, Bertha, the Hutterite woman who was shunned for letting her son attend high school. 

REALLY PEOPLE??  You can't find anything interesting to watch??   Can you say, "My Great Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?"...

Yesterday, as I was getting my summer pedicure -- the woman sitting in the next chair was in town looking at houses.  She stopped at the nail shop to check out the neighborhood and talk to some local people...

Pretty good strategy, eh?

Anyway -- two or three of us were giving her our take on the local schools, etc.  She has two young daughters and asked about dance schools.  I jokingly said, "hey -- if dance is your thing -- you should move to Pittsburgh so they can attend the Abby Lee Dance Company."

Three other women squealed, "OH MY GOD -- ISN'T SHE AWFUL?"

And I knew I was not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment