Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Love You To The Moon And Back

Oh, yeah, I am taking this "I love you to the Moon and Back" thing a little too far...It all started with the Ikea Moon light that I hung on the wall in Lilly's room. It was sooo special...and Linda painted the words...





THEN -- in a stroke of "Ritaluck" -- I found this vintage Fisher Price clock radio at the Goodwill store. $2.38 Everything works! It has a little moon night light on the top -- and plays lullabyes -- OH MY GOODNESS!!


THEN -- in another stroke of "Ritaluck" -- I found this bookcase at thrift store. $12. Really, people?? Fine...put it in the car...

I think I showed this FABULOUS MOON LAMP already. But here it is in the room. I paid A LOT OF MONEY for this treasure. $38. But it is really beyond wonderful. It has three small lights on the actual moon base -- and a regular lightbulb in case you want some REAL light in the room. IT IS AMAZING...


Here it is in the room. Gosh. The funky orange nightstand came out of the spare bedroom. I used to PAINT ALL MY FURNITURE...

I almost forgot how much fun that was. And you can see a bit of the wedding chest Lillian uses for all her "dress-up" clothes. I painted that, too...

Another post, eh?


Here's the last Moon treasure from Lilly's room. It's a stained glass mirror. I almost forgot there was a moon on the darned thing...it has been hanging in my living room for many years. One Saturday, many moons ago, Bert and I were treasure hunting -- and I it was sitting in an alley in Davenport, Iowa -- leaning against the dumpster. No kidding.

I had no way of knowing that one day I'd hang it in a little girls' room...and I'd be her Grandma, and she would see her reflection in this mirror....and she would smile and give me a hug when I said the words, "I love you to the moon and back"

No comments:

Post a Comment