Thursday, July 5, 2012

Popovers

I am still having a love affair with popovers!!  But since the NEW blogger interface -- my sidebar recipes don't show. And I have sent out numerous emails to people who can't find "my" recipe.

It is the King Arthur Popover Recipe (although, of course I have used other brands of flour).  This recipe has become such an important part of my life -- I'm going to also post it on Pinterest.  So, in the future, that may be the easier way for you to find the darn thing!!


Preheat oven to 425 degrees...butter the sides generously -- then preheat the Popover Pan... (yes, you definitely need a special Popover pan)...

King Arthur Popover Recipe:

4 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbl melted butter

Whisk eggs into milk. Make sure everything is room temp. Whisk in the flour and salt, add the melted butter at the end.

Pour thin batter into Popover pan (2/3 full) and bake for 30 minutes. DON'T OPEN THE DOOR. When the popovers are done -- get them out of the pan ASAP and prick the top with a sharp knife to prevent collapse. Serve with REAL BUTTER...that's mandatory. Homemade jam is optional...

They puff way up -- and look SPECTACULAR...
My nephew Austin LOVES making popovers!  His Grandma Deb had to buy him a pan...


If you did it right -- when you slice them in half, there is a big airy center.  GREAT for tuna salad, or to serve chicken & noodles.  Wonderful with plain butter, too.  HOT is best.  THEY ARE AWESOME...


No comments:

Post a Comment