Thursday, July 26, 2012

T-shirt FRINGE

The world is a different place because Thomas Edison invented the lightbulb and Elias Howe invented the sewing machine. Just like Al Gore invented the internet -- I like to think I invented "T-shirt fringe". You've seen it on everything in my life -- my own clothes, dresses, jackets, wraps -- shower curtains, porch furniture -- my last project shown here -- the curtains in Lillian's room...





It is SO EASY TO DO. You simply insert a piece of t-shirt fabric into a seam. The curtain fringe started as a 4" strip of pink fabric.... AFTER all the sewing is done, cut the "fringes"...

For Kelcy's birthday, I wanted to make "Mommy & Me" dresses. And when I looked at Kelcy's Pinterest pages -- I could see she liked one-shoulder outfits. That would be adorable...My initial idea was to start with this baby onesie...

However -- that didn't work out. YET. I got distracted last week when I was making some Maxi-dresses for a friend of mine. She's temporarily living at a Ronald McDonald house -- and there's nothing better than a few long t-shirt dresses. She can walk to the kitchen, check her email, visit the library, etc. -- and she won't be wearing pajamas!


I'll post those pictures later on. Here's a maxi dress I made for my niece Amy. I gave it to her the night they were leaving on a two week camper vacation to South Dakota. Although I love the t-shirt fringe in this dress, because one of the t-shirts said, "Save the planet -- it's the only one with beer" -- I call it her "drinking dress". She has three boys inside that camper. She may need the beer...
Yes, I know. My pictures suck. But for Kelcy's "Mommy & Me" dresses -- I was obsessed with black and white. STRIPES. Oh, yeah...this is gonna be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment