Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life Is Change

I had to get a new computer last week. ugh. This is my fifth LAPTOP...I burn these puppies up...and I hate the learning curve of getting a new computer...

Because I have to transfer all my documents and pictures to the new PC, and then learn a new operating system...it is always a HUGE, BIG, MESS....as I'm sure you know...

But -- sooner or later -- I'll figure it out. Part of the process is spending hours trying to find things that seem to be missing.

Sometimes -- I find things forgot I had...

Like these three pictures of our son Ross during his trip to South Africa....




He is a cameraman for a wildlife documentary company. He's been to 42 States -- including three times to Alaska...

Last year, he was in Italy...and Hungary...

After college, Ross spent 10 years in television news -- then five years doing this wildlife gig.

This month, Ross starts a new chapter in his life. He is back in Iowa, returning to college -- to become a nurse.

Hey -- it feels like the right thing. Ross will be a great nurse -- and our job is to be supportive.

But there's no question -- THIS IS A BIG LIFE CHANGE. We went from seeing Ross twice a year -- to having him living upstairs...

YIKES...Of course, because of my new Pinterest addiction, I have many words of wisdom that are pertinent to any life-changing situation...here are my three favorites...


Making a big life change is pretty scary. Know what's evey scarier? Regret.

You decide, every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second.

If you don't like where you are -- then change it. You are not a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment