Saturday, August 4, 2012

Maxi Dresses As Hotel Attire

You know how I like to start with some pithy "words". This picture is sideways -- but the words say, "Common Sense tends to be uncommon. Let's not have that problem."

In the coming weeks....or months...because she will be spending a lot of time in hospitals and rehabs, my friend may just NEED THIS WISDOM..

The dress started off with a FABULOUS designer shirt -- made out of a very soft silk knit -- I loved the bold graphic design...I wrapped the words around the side of the skirt. And sewed in some t-shirt strips that will be cut into fringe before the day is done...

One of my favorite models -- Amy tried it on for me. She is skinny enough -- but about 6" too tall. The length was PERFECT for my friend -- hitting her right at the ankle...
The second maxi started with a wonderful black Ralph Lauren top...(the yellow is the plastic hanger...sorry...)

Amy models again...I decided to use the ruffles from a recycled dress for the bottom of this maxi.


Really. No t-shirt fringe at all. And no pithy words. I am trying to be tasteful -- for my conservative friend ...

The night before my friend was leaving town -- I gave her these two maxi dresses. The PERFECT thing to wear in a hotel. BECAUSE THEY ARE T-SHIRTS!! You can fall asleep in it, wake up in the middle of the night and walk down to the vending machine, or wear it to the lobby for breakfast in the morning...no ironing required...

1 comment: