Thursday, August 2, 2012

Maxi Dresses

The other day -- my sister Deb and I BOTH ended up at Deena's house -- wearing our respective MAXI dresses! Apparently -- great minds think alike...






You already know I am OBSESSED with maxi-dresses!! OH MY GOD...this is soooo much fun. My dress is a morph of an orange top and a poorly designed maxi dress. I found the dress at the Salvation Army, with the tags still on it, for $1.25. What was the problem? Well -- why would somebody make a size 2X maxi-dress with spaghetti straps? Really, people....

No problem. The orange t-shirt had an embroidery design that kinda matched the fabric. But it was a size "M". Using the fabric I CUT AWAY from the bodice of the spaghetti strap version -- I made panels for under the arms and the back of the orange shirt. To get some pictures, I wore it to my Tuesday morning breakfast club...


I haven't worn a long skirt out in public since 1969 when I was living in Washington, D.C. Maxi dresses were everywhere then...along with war protesters, hippies, Woodstock, the Beatles and 35 cent gas...ah yes -- the good old days!

Back to my present day...

My next recycled t-shirt maxi-dress project will be for a friend of mine who is living in a Ronald McDonald House situation. I made two dresses for her...


As it turns out -- you can't just make ONE maxi dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment