Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day with my young friend

It is ALWAYS FUN FOR ME to spend time with a much, much, younger adult woman. I especially enjoy their take on the world...

My young friend Anne lives in Cedar Rapids -- a two hour drive. Recently, we "met in the middle". Our visits usually involve lunch and a little treasure hunting...

Whenever Anne and I get together -- we start with the "sew and tell". She understands my current obsession with t-shirts -- so on this lunch date -- she started with a t-shirt dress she made for her daughter Sarah...

Do you get it?


My picture sucks -- but IT IS A CANDY CORN dress!! Duh. Perfect to wear to school on Halloween Day eh?

After lunch -- we went to the local Goodwill store to walk off Mondo's (our favorite restaurant in Iowa City)...

AND I found this -- the best T-shirt of the day...
I çan't believe I didn't buy it. Except that it was full price ($2.38) -- and I have approximately 500 t-shirts already in my basement, awaiting their creative turn...

This one was pretty good, too...

I think my new strategy is that I'm going to TAKE PICTURES of the t-shirts so I can post them here on this blog...

And my new mission will be to NOT BUY EVERY SINGLE T-SHIRT that makes me laugh.

But I have very little resistance...

Thanks, Anne, for taking the time and for being my young friend. No matter what happens in your life -- your kids will grow, maybe you'll retire and become a grandmother....no matter what -- you always get to be that.

My young friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment