Friday, September 21, 2012

Pampered Chef Potato Chips

My niece Nicole invited me to a Pampered Chef party. I'm about five years past being an appreciative Pampered Chef customer. (John and I sometimes enjoy cereal for supper)...

I went because I always enjoy the company of young people -- and -- HEY -- Nicole is a GREAT cook! (they ALWAYS have food at these things...)

Well -- imagine my delight and surprise when I discovered MY NEW FAVORITE FOOD THING...

A way to make potato chips!! I mean -- really, really delicious potato chips that are NOT FRIED.

I made a big batch for the lunch with Amy and Nicole...



The first step is to slice the potatoes REALLY thin. Then, soak them in salt water for at least 30 minutes...dry on paper towels...I used popcorn salt and some BBQ seasoning (before I put them in the microwave)...


Then -- these magic little rubbery racks that go right into the microwave. Do the first 3 minutes on HIGH....
Then -- switch them around. Put the bottom rack under and vice versa...do another 3 miutes on HIGH. (depends on your microwave, of course)...


AND THIS IS THE END RESULT. Delicious, really, really CRISP potato chips!! I am in heaven. a

Yes, it is time-consuming. But the truth is -- I find myself enjoying the process. I am trying to avoid unconscious eating -- and MAKING MY OWN potato chips is a step in the right direction. (I wonder how long it would take me to make a Snickers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment