Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Young Women in my life...

I just want to say this -- God Bless the person who came up with the idea for the VOICE. It's the best talent show on television right now. No sucky singers or terrible acts...every singer is good -- and some of them are incredible. I love, love, love Blake Shelton and I personally think if he turns his chair -- the singer MUST pick him. He's a great coach, and he takes them to tour with him...he seems like the real deal. Last night he picked Gratia -- the blonde girl who YODELED...really. You had to see it to believe it.... BUT then, the last singer of the show -- 18 year old Trevon Hunt -- totally blew me away...it's a GREAT, GREAT show...

BUT -- hey -- the thing I wanted to blog about today is what is the point of having so much stuff?

This isn't a very good picture -- but it's the only one I have of the "stuff" I decided to pass along...some dishes from my Grandmother...some jewelry from my mother...

Many of the things in our homes have stories that go with them. Who were the women who bought the dishes or embroidered the linens? My Grandma Dodds bought her own engagement ring -- and it dawned on me that I was the only person in the world who knew the story behind that odd purchase....





But -- the problem is -- I have two boys. And they are not the least bit interested in these stories. Fortunately -- I have wonderful NIECES. As soon as they started getting places of their own -- I started giving them some of the family treasure...while telling them the stories that go with them.

When Kelcy got married, I gave her the tablecloth my mother made for me -- the one we used for dozens of big turkey dinners... and I hope when Kelcy sets her table for a special occasion -- she will remember her Aunt Rita and her Grandma Little..

So, last week, I'm thinking the kids are back in school -- and Nicole is off on Tuesday. IT MUST BE TIME FOR A GIRLS LUNCH!!

Monday night -- I invited Ronda's girls to lunch. Amy and Nicole (mothers of Cale, Garrett, Cash, Parker, Landon and Memphis)...


I DO HAVE Emily and Lillian now -- I was delighted they could come, too!! I love, love, love having them ten minutes up the road.

John thinks it's very clever of me to invite people over for lunch and make them go home with a BIG BAG 'Ó CRAP...

Ronda came, too -- but this is the only picture she actually got in!!


It is my experience that the most memorable occasions often happen on the spur of the moment. I am a big fan of being spontaneous. Don't wait for a special occasion. Just do it. Call somebody you love. Invite them to lunch. Give them an unexpected gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment