Friday, November 30, 2012

Tinkerbell, Red Glitter and Disney on Ice

Baby shoes, little girl shoes, little boy shoes -- they are one of the reasons I enjoy thrifting. Remember Lillian's little leopard shoes for her first Thanksgiving in 2009?  She was positively thrilled with them  (as I remember...)
My great-niece, Myla, has already outgrown her first pair of zebra cowboy boots. I have found wonderful little shoe treasures -- black patent leather boots for babies...embroidered Princess slippers...a light up pair of Buzz Lightyear for baby Oliver the other day...

Here are the ruby red glitter shoes Lillian wore to her very first Disney on Ice last year...






So, imagine my delight when I found a pair of white and blue Tinkerbell sandals for Lillian. She LOVES THEM and wants to wear them all the time.  But it's getting cold now -- so I told her she could wear them with socks...

In the car the other day, she was sitting behind me in her toddler seat, admiring her Tinkerbell sandals.

She said, "Grandma, how did Tinkerbell get on my shoes?"

Me: "The people in China did it.  They do our manufacturing for us."

Lilly: No, Grandma. I mean -- how does Tinkerbell stay on my shoes?

Me: They sew her on, hon.

Lilly: Grandma -- you think everybody knows how to sew. BUT EVERYBODY DOES NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment