Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Typical Fall Auction

On a recent BEAUTIFUL Fall Saturday -- Bert and I did a little day trippin' down to Muscatine, Iowa. It's a pretty drive -- one hour south along the Mississippi River.

Once a month or so -- (Schroeder Auctioneers have a sale in a nearly abandoned Mall. On this particular Saturday -- they had a TON OF STUFF from various estates. Holy Cow. Appliances, furniture, pictures, linens, dolls, old toys, original artwork, outdoor stuff, tools, and a gazilion Christmas decorations.
  
I paid $7.50 for these two iron pans. I'll let you know how the Abbleskeever turns out...(my German Grandma called that dish Ferden)...


And EVEN THOUGH I am in love with my new Kuerig coffee maker -- I still use my Bunn very day -- and could not resist buying this one (as a back-up) for only $5.00...


Of course, "condition" is everything...which is why I did not bid on this Strawberry Shortcake lunchpail. Otherwise -- I would have bought it for Carrie. She has ALWAYS loved Strawberry Shortcake...

And WHO KNEW somebody made a plaster cast of a little girl with blonde pigtails reading a book who looks just like our 3-year old Lillian. EVEN SHE thinks it's her...it was in a whole big box-o-treasure -- for $2.50.

Because I already have WAY TOO MUCH SILVERWARE at my house -- I was determined NOT to bring home yet another lovely set of silverplate. However -- since they had so many sets at this auction -- most of them went for under $10 -- and IT WAS REALLY HARD FOR ME...

In this last picture -- you can see Bert, checking out her Steif Cinnamon Bear -- and MY CHRISTMAS treasure is also on that table...

Yes, people -- you are about to experience a stroke of Ritaluck...

No comments:

Post a Comment