Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Power of Velvet

Here's my theory. If you want a child to know it's a special occasion -- have them WEAR VELVET...

There are so many wonderful children's activities at this time of year -- THANK GOD. Because I have at least a dozen adorable little velvet dresses just WAITING FOR A PLACE TO GO...

And I am SO VERY, VERY LUCKY to have these two adorable little girls willing to play my "Let's Wear Velvet" game...

On this special occasion -- I had tickets for a "Candyland event" at a local theater. There would be art stations, a talent show, Christmas music. PERFECT. In this picture -- Me, Landon, Ronda, Memphis, Emily and Lillian...

Landon didn't actually know he was headed off to this adventure (it's a long story) -- so he came right from school. (Boys are immune to velvet anyway...)

We started off with an early dinner at a local restaurant FAMOUS for their "Magic Mountain"....

Landon was hungry -- I told him he could order the adult version...Emily bet him a t-shirt that he could not finish the whole thing...

Obviously, she hasn't spent much time around little boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment