Friday, January 25, 2013

Aunt Rita's Christmas Tea, Part #2

One thing I know for sure is that any mission in life is easier if you HAVE SISTERS. On the day I had invited a dozen of my great-nephews and nieces to the Aunt Rita Christmas Tea party -- I had the two best helpers in the world. My sisters Ronda and Deena. The OTHER Grandmothers to my pint-size guests....

Deena's crew were the first to arrive. I only have ONE grandchild -- Deena has been blessed seven times -- here we are with four of ém.... It's going to be a busy day...

The people at the West Kimberly Mall did SUCH A GREAT job of decorating the place. They have Christmas music playing in the background...

The main table was SO BEAUTIFUL...I was delighted with everything about this party. The food was delicious, lots of fresh fruit, bite-sized desserts...the kids were on their best behavior...

For their main course, I ordered macaroni and cheese for the kids. It was AWESOME.

We Grandma's had homemade chicken salad -- the kind with grapes and nuts -- on a croissant. SOOO DELICIOUS...

I had one table full of gifts, another of Christmas books -- we played several round-robin-gift-games..

My talented nephew, Cale, provided the entertainment...

Then -- THE BIG SURPRISE -- and I didn't even know he was coming -- SANTA CLAUS came by to say hello.

It was such a nice time. The kids played musical chairs -- and loved every minute of it. I don't know who had more fun -- me or them.  I hope one day they remember these little Aunt Rita adventures...

So -- what went wrong?  Everything I've told you is 100% true...but the pain is often in what we DON'T tell.  All the planning for the party -- the food, the gifts, the games, the entertainment -- everybody making the time to come -- all these beautiful children -- who Lilly LOVES, LOVES, LOVES...but she was sick that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment