Wednesday, February 20, 2013

History of Fashion


Yes, I have an exciting life here in IOWA. Sometimes, even I AM AMAZED at the interesting, first-quality events I have to choose from.   On this certain day -- the location was the Putnam Museum in Davenport, Iowa.

First -- there was a luncheon -- in a beautiful atrium room with a view of the Mississippi River...

This was my birthday present to my cousin Linda. Here she is, in the elevator with her Mom...my Aunt Adda... The actual event was a lecture called "History of Fashion"

The classrooms at the Putnam are beautiful. There was a really big crowd...(and two men, too!)...

The one thing that stunned my Aunt was finding out that in the old days -- women's underwear was crotchless...
OH, YEAH -- it's important that you try to learn something new every single day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment