Thursday, March 14, 2013

Treasure Island

I AM BACK!! SO SORRY FOR THE LONG BREAK, people. But thanks, thanks, thanks for all the emails yelling at me. It was exactly what I needed to get me back in the blogging spirit -- and make no mistake -- I need THIS BLOG MORE THAN YOU DO...!!

One of the things I've been working on is organizing the nearly 2000 photographs and videos from the 2013 Sewing and Stitchery Expo. YIKES. I melted down a 16 GIG memory card in my new camera. ON DAY TWO...good thing I brought TWO cameras...just in case...

You'll see a lot of those pictures on this blog in the coming months, I am sure.

But as I was going through the show photos, I ran into THIS Aunt Rita/Grandma adventure. The weekend before I left for Seattle -- I took Lillian and a few of her favorite cousins to the Junior Theater in Davenport, Iowa...


She enjoys picking out her own clothes...and, as you can imagine -- she has a nice assortment of ZEBRA dresses and accessories...this was taken before the show started...

We got there early -- which was a good thing -- because it was a packed house...



This was my crew. The Bowe boys -- Cale, Garrett, and Cash -- went with us to see the production of Treasure Island. Lillian LOVES these boys...


Here is my take-away moment from this Aunt Rita adventure...

AFTER the play, we went to Azteca for an early supper. While we were waiting for our food -- the boys were talking about school, their upcoming spring break, etc. Lillian wandered into the adjoining room (which I thought was empty). She came back balancing an aluminum cake pan full of thin red sauce...?? Wha??? The boys and I watched as she walked the last six feet over to our table. The pan was full to the brim -- I was worried the greasy sauce would spill onto her chiffon zebra dress...we were all holding our breath...

As Lilly gently set the pan onto our table... the boys thought I was going to yell at her. Instead, I said, with a sigh of relief, "Wow. That was an impressive balancing act, Lillian."

She got a big smile on her face.

Cale said, "when you grow up you'll be a good waitress..."

Lillian said, (indignantly) "I AM NOT GOING TO BE A WAITRESS."

Me: (relieved) What do you want to be, honey?

Lillian: When I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess.

The boys all three looked at her -- then at each other -- and after a little pause --

Garrett said, "Oh yeah. That's a WAY better plan..."

Really. Priceless... P.S. -- Eileen -- someday -- in the far distant future -- you are going to LOVE BEING a Grandma!! Thanks for being a friend. I miss you... P.S.S. -- tomorrow I will be writing the REAL ZEBRA story...there actually was a stampede of Zebra....really...

No comments:

Post a Comment