Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another Auction Virgin


After a hard reboot -- I THINK I am able to upload some pictures again. Ugh. Anyway -- at the last auction in DeWitt, Iowa (my favorite auction house) -- my niece Kelcy's husband was sent ON A MISSION.....

He was a little stunned by the strange variety of STUFF at this particular auction....hundreds of dolls did make for a kinda creepy audience...

Andy didn't actually connect with the beauty of the Turkey on Velvet...(which I got for $2.50 -- and will give to Amy at Thanksgiving -- don't anybody tell her.)

Andy was there to bid on ONE THING...and there was a lot of waiting....I asked him to test out a plain white tub chair that I was considering. It would have been a great project to paint some funky design on, right? (there were two chairs, in perfect condition.  I did not buy them -- they went for $20)...

AND HOW ABOUT THIS?? Have you ever seen a purse that looked like a horsehead?? Fabulous...there was a designer label on the inside..and I really wonder if it might have been worth way more than the $7.50 it went for...

SO -- WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT TO KELCY THAT ANDY WOULD SPEND HIS ENTIRE SATURDAY WAITING TO BID ON IT?? Here it is -- an exquisite Victorian sofa. In excellent condition -- the PERFECT prop for Kelcy's photography studio. Kelcy wanted it so badly, she told Andy he could go up to $400....

I am very happy to report that Andy DID get the sofa. And he only paid $100. Which, by DeWitt, Iowa standards is a lot of money...so there's a slight possibility that he was bidding against himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment