Monday, April 22, 2013

Isabel Bloom

If you ever lived in Davenport, Iowa -- you know about Isabel Bloom. She was a famous artist in these parts -- and lived and worked during the exciting Grant Wood Days. For more information, you could visit the website...click here

She was a pioneer -- and her artistic medium was cement. You are probably familiar with her work...

Recently, there was a luncheon at a fancy hotel ----(thus, this picture. I LOVE HOTEL CARPETING...)

The speaker was Donna Young, a talented artist in her own right who was trained by Isabel...and is now one of the new owners of the company...

There was a room full of people -- I loved the presentation, the information, the interesting people at our table...

OH, YEAH -- this was my birthday present from my cousin Linda. We had a GREAT time...Linda is an accomplished artist in her own life -- so she already knew a lot about Isabel Bloom, her history, her husband, her art...

But I didn't know much...and it was a WONDERFUL GIFT. Always such a pleasure to have a nice lunch, spend time with a good friend (and my cousin Linda is the BEST kind of people)...AND learn something new!!
This was my best birthday gift of the year, Linda!! THANKS AGAIN...

No comments:

Post a Comment