Monday, April 15, 2013

Saturday Auction

One of the best things about my friend Bert is that she NEVER voluntarily goes online or reads this blog. But as you know -- we spend most Saturdays together -- kicking around this Midwestern world we live in. Looking for treasure, talking about our jobs, GOING TO AUCTIONS...

You NEVER know what you might find at a Saturday auction...

There could be toys, or linens, gaudy lamps or mini-vans...

On closer inspection -- I realized THIS WAS MY VERY FIRST SEWING MACHINE....and I loved this thing!! It looks in great condition. I should buy it -- right?? For a spare??

Mary found some boxes full of vintage hankies...

They had a really big crowd on this day...

My favorite ring man, Darwin, does not want his picture taken...

Often, they have some very interesting furniture. But since Mary is flying home -- and my house is already packed TO THE CEILING with furniture -- we only bid on a few things...

It WAS SO MUCH FUN. Most Saturdays start off with breakfast...Bert and I do the weekly download (that's usually about our respective jobs)...then we move into the treasure hunting phase of our day.
And it's always fun to have Mary here joining in our festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment