Friday, April 5, 2013

The Value of Junk


Of course, anybody visits me in Iowa at ANY TIME -- we end up going junkin'. Mary and I got started on the very first day...I picked her up at the airport and went to a huge junk mall in Coal Valley, Illinois.  In this booth -- tractors made out of old sewing machines...

I loved the raw edge treatment of this decorative pillow...that would be a fun treatment on a jacket, don't you think?

This place is LOADED WITH treasure of all kinds...to do the whole thing, you'd have to walk three miles...(yes, I totally made that up)...

This just might be the most elaborate wedding dress I ever saw...

It was yards and yards of ruffled, wired edge silk. OMG...for $29.95??

At the end of the day, Mary decided she couldn't get the sewing machine tractor in her suitcase...

And the LAST time I brought home a lawn ornament made out of junk -- John got so pissy I had to give it to my sister Ronda...So now I just admire all the welded flamingos...and take the occasional blurry picture...

If you haven't spent an afternoon junking with your girlfriend lately -- I highly recommend it. You will see things that take you back to your childhood, stuff you had when you lived in your first apartment -- you'll laugh and make fun of yourself...and -- well -- hey -- even on a REALLY GOOD DAY -- you'll probably only spend about $17....SUCH A BARGAIN...

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! I think I want one of those sewing machine tractors!!! How fun.

    ReplyDelete