Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Warren

TWO grandchildren!! I have written a thousand posts about Lillian -- but it is a thrill to have a new person in our lives. It is so exciting to get to know Warren -- and I love watching him adjusting to the world he lives in.  Emily is nursing him, so I haven't done much babysitting......just the occasional hour or two while Mom does a grocery run....

For his first coupla months, my biggest help to the young Farro family has been to take his big sister Lillian for an overnight once a week or so...

One of Warren's first visits to the house was on Mother's Day...OH MY GOD....he is the most adorable baby. With a sweet nature and an easy smile...

When I put him on the floor -- OF COURSE he had company right away...the best babysitter any family ever had. The loyal and ever vigilant Sophie....

This was his first nap in my bed. I understand now that these moments only last for a nano-second...so I stood at the end of the bed, watching him sleep.  I wanted to make sure it was a significant moment so I'd remember it for a long time...

Being somebody's Grandmother is such an honor and a privilege. Other women tried to tell me how special these feelings are -- but you cannot understand until you live it for yourself.   So many things are like that...

But I get it now. I totally get it. Life is short. And the challenge is to live in the present.  It just doesn't get any better than this, people...

No comments:

Post a Comment