Friday, July 12, 2013

Lillian and Memphis

I signed Lillian and Memphis up for swimming lessons at the YWCA. Memphis has an above-ground pool in her back yard -- so she is VERY comfortable in the water. But her Mom wanted to make sure she actually knew how to swim....Lillian isn't in or around water very much....

The day of their first lesson -- they tried on some of the swim suits I'd been collecting. Lillian told Memphis she could have all the "zucchini suits"...(anything two-piece -- I like her word better than BIKINI...)

They played in the yard for an hour or so -- I put the plastic kitchen on the parking pad and they got busy making mud pies...

Five minutes into the swimming lesson, I texted this to Emily: "Memphis is a fish, Lilly is crying and I am hiding in the locker room...."

At one point, Lilly didn't want to jump in the water. I told Memphis how she could help. She ran over to Lilly, put her hand on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, "Be brave"...Lilly got the biggest smile on her face...and jumped into the pool.

After the lesson -- we headed down the block to the ice cream store. Memphis KNEW she wanted mint chocolate chip....

Lilly decided on bubble gum....



I am SUCH A LUCKY GRANDMA....

1 comment:

  1. and what a gorgeous "after swim lesson" outfit!

    ReplyDelete