Monday, July 1, 2013

Pedicure Pampering


I can't tell you HOW MUCH I ENJOY MY PEDICURES. Holy Cow. How did we ever live without THESE?? This is what my toes look like RIGHT NOW...and I couldn't be more delighted. I love them so much -- I might sew up a few summer dresses to match my toenails...

This is what my last Sew Expo pedicure looked like...I went with the ZEBRA stripes because, at the time, I was trying to sell Zebra as the new black.

But the polish isn't even the best part. THE BEST PART IS JUST SITTING IN THE MASSAGE CHAIR FOR OVER AN HOUR.OMG. My feet are in warm water...then I get an extensive foot rub, they grate off all the dead skin from the bottom of my feet, they use that pumice stone, and then do a foot rub with some oil, and then massage all the way up to my knees with some lotion...DID I SAY HEAVEN YET??? I am not kidding. There is a HOT TOWEL INVOLVED....


I don't remember when I started having my BIG toe painted a totally different color than the rest of my toes. But it has become my signature style statement...and people expect it...this is a pedicure from last summer.....

Getting a pedicure is ALL ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE. For me, it's a very zen thing.  I go to a neat and clean little shop on 53rd Street in Davenport, Iowa. KT Nails is run by a Vietnamese family -- and they get big smiles on their faces when I walk in. They speak very little English -- so when they start to talk to one another (because they are laughing) -- I imagine they're explaining to some new employee, "that is the fat woman we were telling you about. She is crazy. And the colors she picks out are koo-koo. But we humor her -- because SHE IS A REALLY BIG TIPPER..."

No comments:

Post a Comment