Saturday, July 27, 2013

What's in a name??

From the moment Emily and Elliott selected "Lillian" as a prospective baby name -- I pictured the beautiful orange Lillies that are so prevalent in Iowa during the summer months.

I have always loved them.....

Seeing these stands of beautiful flowers along the roadside -- in all their exuberance and abundance -- used to be what taking a "Sunday Drive" was all about.


I realized I was MISSING THE BOAT!! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I should be taking Lilly's picture in the middle of a large stand of LILLIES....
Of course, we didn't have to drive far to find some a BEAUTIFUL STAND OF LILLIES...


Lilly totally understands that her name is the same as this flower...this is her best fake smile...the one you get after Grandma says, "okay, honey, you are standing in the perfect place...would a smile kill you??"


And we had a nice walk along some beautiful country roads...
Yep.  Another perfect day.  And maybe a NEW TRADITION.  (If I remember to take a picture of her NEXT year at this time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment